Movie Quotes....

  • Data, data, data. I cannot make bricks without clay. -- Sherlock Holmes
  • At the temple, there is a poem called "Loss" carved into the stone. It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You cannot read Loss, only feel it. -- Memoirs of a Geisha
  • Skadoosh -- Kung Fu Panda 1 & 2

Sunday, August 11, 2013

My son, my friend...

As Little Man is packing to leave for basic training with the Army, I had to sit and write this post.

I don't honestly know how to put into words how I'm feeling right now.
I've known about this departure date for about 9 months now, and knew that it would be hard, this is my baby that is leaving the nest after all.

He's been there to make me laugh out loud, cry inside and out and has grown into a very handsome young man. I will truly miss him while he's gone to do his duty to our country.

I have no regrets, I've had no worries about him leaving. Yet today, on the eve of his taking the next step to adulthood, I'm remembering how little he was (wasn't that just yesterday?) how I watched him sit for hours building with Lego's, helped him with his homework (nagged and pleaded) and cheered when he graduated (by the skin of his teeth.)

He is leaving this house a teenager and I'm sure he'll come back a competent young man, ready to take on the world and go so much further than I could ever imagine.

I will miss the impromptu "Mom, I need you to run me ________, please?" and the "Momma, I love you's" but I know that this is his dream and as much as I want to keep the baby I had 18 years ago, or the 3 year old that would still crawl into my lap for hugs, or the teenager that could push my buttons because he wasn't listening; I know that I cannot hold him back from that dream.

Little Man, I'm so proud of you for this step!!!!!! Don't forget who you are and where you came from!

Love you always,
Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment